This interactive online course is for any aspiring helicopter rescue doctor. Our experienced instructors teach you the essential structures of air rescue and provide you with valuable practice-based tips from their day-to-day air rescue work. We address the medical aspects as well as flight operation, giving you optimal preparation for your missions in an air rescue service.
This course’s major benefit is that you can participate in it from anywhere – it is held exclusively online. After the online class is finished, an air rescue base provides an introduction to operating the materials and equipment that they use. The theory of the course is therefore perfectly mixed with practical exercises at the base.
The course covers the following individual topics:
- Introduction to air rescue
- First-response missions
- Missions with patient already in care
- Transport with special conditions (incl. automated chest compression device (ACCD))
- Sequence of a mission
- Medical aspects of air rescue
- Team resource management
- Working at a base
- Legal aspects
- Weather and time management
- Communication during missions
- Introduction to helicopters, flight safety & emergency procedures
- Safety management
This online course lasts two days.